Chakras are the energy centers in our body in which energy flows through. They begin at the base of the spine and finish at the top of the head. Though fixed in the central spinal column they are located on both the front and back of the body, and work through it.
Each chakra vibrates or rotates at a different speed. The root or first chakra rotates at the slowest speed, the crown or seventh chakra at the highest speed (Spiritual link). The chakra colors are of the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. The size and brightness of the wheels vary with individual development, physical condition, energy levels, disease, or stress.
If the chakras are not balanced, or if the energies are blocked, the basic life force will be slowed down. The individual may feel listless, tired, out of sorts, or depressed. Not only will physical bodily functions be affected so diseases may manifest, but the thought processes and the mind may also be affected. A negative attitude, fear, doubt, etc. may preoccupy the individual.
A constant balance between the chakras promotes health and a sense of well being. If the chakras are opened to much, a person could literally short circuit themselves with too much universal energy going through the body. If the chakras are closed, this does not allow for the universal energy to flow through them properly which may also lead to dis-ease.
Most of us react to unpleasant experiences by blocking our feeling and stopping a great deal of our natural energy flow. This affects the maturation and development of the chakras. Whenever a person blocks whatever experience he is having, he in turn blocks his chakras, which eventually become disfigured. When the chakras are functioning normally, each will be open, spinning clockwise to metabolize the particular energies needed from the universal energy field.
Here’s a quick summary of the 7 Chakras:
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- More on Root Chakra healing
2. Sacral Chakra – Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
- Emotional Issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- More on Sacral Chakra healing
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- More on Solar Plexus Chakra healing
4. Heart Chakra – Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
- More on Heart Chakra healing
5. Throat Chakra – Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- More on Throat Chakra healing
6. Third Eye Chakra – Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- More on Third Eye Chakra healing
7. Crown Chakra – The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
- More on Crown Chakra healing
Here is a wonderful 7 minute chakra tune up:
Thanks to Truth Seeker Daily!