(TruthSeekerDaily) Tomatoes are filled with nutrients and antioxidants that help combat several diseases as well as keep your health in good shape. With that being said, we would recommend you consider organic tomatoes for optimal health benefits since they have a higher concentrations of vitamin C and lycopene. Although conventional tomatoes are larger and look prettier, that does not necessarily mean they are a ”tomato” on the inside with the same health benefits as the organic ones.
Here are top 8 health benefits from eating tomatoes:
1. Tomatoes are good for your skin. – Tomatoes contain a high level of lycopene, which is a substance that is used in some of the more pricy facial cleansers that are available for purchase over-the-counter. If you want to try tomatoes for skin care, you need to start with about eight to twelve tomatoes. Peel the tomatoes and then place the skin on your face with inside of the tomato touching your skin. Leave the tomatoes on your face for a minimum of ten minutes, then wash. Your face will feel clean and shiny. Some redness may occur, but should fade with time.
2. Tomatoes help maintain strong bones. – Tomatoes contain a considerable amount of calcium and Vitamin K. Both of these nutrients are essential in strengthening and performing minor repairs on the bones as well as the bone tissue.
3. Tomatoes provide essential antioxidants. – Tomatoes contain a great deal of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. This is primarily because these vitamins and beta-carotene work as antioxidants to neutralize harmful free radicals in the blood. Free radicals in the blood stream are dangerous because it may lead to cell damage. Remember, the redder the tomato you eat is, the more beta-carotene it contains. In addition, you also want to keep in mind that cooking destroys the Vitamin C, so for these benefits, the tomatoes need to be eaten raw.
4. Tomatoes are good for your heart. – Because of the Vitamin B and potassium in tomatoes, they are effective in reducing cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure. Therefore, by including tomatoes in your regular balanced diet you can effectively prevent heart attacks, strokes as well as many other heart related problems that may threaten your life.
5. Tomatoes are good for your hair. – The Vitamin A in tomatoes works perfectly to keep your hair shiny and strong. In addition, it also does wonders for your eyes, skin, bones and teeth.
6. Tomatoes are good for your kidneys. – Adding tomatoes without seeds to your diet has been proven in some studies to reduce the risk of kidney stones.
7. Tomatoes are good for your eyes. – The Vitamin A found in tomatoes is fantastic for improving your vision. In addition, eating tomatoes is one of the best foods to eat to prevent the development of night blindness.
8. Tomatoes are good for diabetics. – Tomatoes are packed full of the valuable mineral known as chromium. It works effectively to help diabetics keep their blood sugar levels under better control.
– See more at: http://truthseekerdaily.com/2014/02/8-amazing-health-benefits-from-eating-tomatoes-2/#sthash.Yl5sdmRu.dpuf