Located at the peak of Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy, he described this high-level need in the following way: “What a man can be, he must be. This need we may call self-actualization…It refers to the desire for self-fulfillment, namely, to the tendency for him to become actualized in what he is potentially. This tendency might be phrased as the desire to become more and more what one is, to become everything that one is capable of becoming.”
While the theory is generally portrayed as a fairly rigid hierarchy, Maslow noted that the order in which these needs are fulfilled does not always follow this standard progression. For example, he notes that for some individuals, the need for self-esteem is more important than the need for love. For others, the need for creative fulfillment may supersede even the most basic needs.
Characteristics of Self-Actualized People
In addition to describing what is meant by self-actualization in his theory, Maslow also identified some of the key characteristics of self-actualized people:
- Acceptance and Realism: Self-actualized people have realistic perceptions of themselves, others and the world around them.
- Problem-centering: Self-actualized individuals are concerned with solving problems outside of themselves, including helping others and finding solutions to problems in the external world. These people are often motivated by a sense of personal responsibility and ethics.
- Spontaneity: Self-actualized people are spontaneous in their internal thoughts and outward behavior. While they can conform to rules and social expectations, they also tend to be open and unconventional.
- Autonomy and Solitude: Another characteristic of self-actualized people is the need for independence and privacy. While they enjoy the company of others, these individuals need time to focus on developing their own individual potential.
- Continued Freshness of Appreciation: Self-actualized people tend to view the world with a continual sense of appreciation, wonder and awe. Even simple experiences continue to be a source of inspiration and pleasure.
- Peak Experiences: Individuals who are self-actualized often have what Maslow termed peak experiences, or moments of intense joy, wonder, awe and ecstasy. After these experiences, people feel inspired, strengthened, renewed or transformed.
CHANGE YOUR FINANCIAL LIFE FOR ALL AT ONCE AND REALIZE YOUR DREAMS WORKING EXCLUSIVELY FROM HOME!
Here you can have an extra fixed monthly income up to 3000 € for one year contract. If you are interested in taking a major step forward in your life, or if you are looking for a way of complementing your current income, in GetEasy you have a sound, sustainable and reliable solution which will undoubtedly allow you to look towards the future with renewed hope with the most secure and sustainable way to be financially independent working from home. Join our Business and change your financial life for all at once. Click here to know more about this brilliant Company that is changing lives worldwide. GetEasy Team.
Invest 360 € = Receive a fixed 90 € monthly payment for 1 Year.
Invest 720 € = Receive a fixed 180 € monthly payment for 1 Year.
Invest 1200 € = Receive a fixed 300 € monthly payment for 1 Year.
Invest 3200 € = Receive a fixed 800 € monthly payment for 1 Year.